As days get shorter and colder and we step away from the summer sunshine, it’s common to look at this time of year as a sad transition. But it’s important to recognize this season change as an opportunity for growth—a chance to turn inward and get insight into what we want to manifest in our lives.
Transitions are the perfect time to get clear with priorities and intentions. So let’s face the new season with a plan for personal growth and set an intention for fall.
- Sit up tall, get comfortable, and close your eyes
- Focus on your breath: Deep inhales and slow exhales
- Bring your attention to the space between the inhale and the exhale, and the moment before a new breath begins. Inhale—hold at the top; Exhale—hold at the bottom
- Bring to mind one word that you’d like to align with for fall. Something you want more of in your life this season.
- Now choose a word that maps to something you’d like to release this new season, something dark in your life that you’d like to transform into something lighter and more useful.
- On your inhales: Silently say the word you’ve chosen that you’d like more of this season
- On your exhales: Silently say the word that represents something you’d like to leave behind
With each breath, you begin to see that you have the opportunity to leave something behind before you begin your next breath. The breath is a beautiful representation of rebirth. Each time you inhale, you are drawing in something new and fresh, and each time you exhale, you are removing something old or unnecessary to make room for the next fresh inhale. A constant and consistent opportunity for change, for new life and new energy with every breath.